Monday, September 20, 2010

Back in the saddle again

Several people lately have asked me about blogging to which I replied that I haven't done it in years. Back in the day when Myspace was all the rage, I was an avid blogger. But then Facebook took over the world of social networking, and as my time on Myspace dwindled, I eventually shut it down, leaving all my blogs and precious memories behind. What was I thinking?! All those hours I spent documenting my silly misadventures of moving overseas, becoming a mom, having a deployed husband, owning a dog who knows how to push my buttons, dealing with an uncoordinated body, etc, etc. - they're all for naught. Would it have killed me to copy and paste those blogs into a Word document? I had poems in there that took a few brain cells that I will never get back! But it does no good to dwell upon the past. I have no other choice now but to move on and start again. Kind of like when you're starving at 9:30 at night because the the demanding nature of caring for children alone overshadows the desire to eat at a decent hour, so you cook a delicious meal in the microwave only to promptly drop the piping hot food on the floor on your way to the couch in hopes of enjoying a meal in peace. Then you're still starving and on top of that mad because now you have a mess to clean up, except the dog seems to lick most of it up before you can even fathom getting a paper towel, but the last thing you want is a dog with an upset stomach so you attempt to shoo the dog away before he devours the entire meal. So once the mess is clean, you have to start over. Yeah. Like that.

1 comment:

  1. I miss those blogs! But looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete